Saturday, January 10, 2009

Starting with promise...delayed in Seattle

From my window I see a parking lot, the Fairfield Marriott, some leafless trees and, surprise, plenty of dirty snow. It doesn't sound like Mexico because it isn't. Last night when I should have been flying south to the land of sombreros I was tossing and turning trying to sleep in the Holiday Inn in exotic Seattle. My flight out of Victoria was delayed and, despite running through the Seattle airport with some other panting flightmates, I missed my connecting flight. After some adjustment to travel plans everything is all sorted out. I plan to spend today wandering around Seattle, may as well make the most of my impromptu vacation...too bad I wasn't held up in L.A., my next stop on the journey to Mexico.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Tara,
    I am so happy to hear that you are going to Mexico this semester. I am back from Dijon, and I am taking a class on campus in January. I can't wait to read about your adventures, and I hope that you will enjoy your stay in Mexico!

    Bests,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tara,
    I'm so glad to hear from you. I hope you enjoy your day in Seattle despite the travel delay, and that you have fun in Mexico once you get there. I look forward to hearing what happens next.
    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're doing well despite the delay. Best wishes and enjoy Mexico. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Seattle was fun, have a good trip to Guadelajara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy travels, Tara! Buena suerte :)

    ReplyDelete